2 June 2016

Author Q&A Session #79: With Louise Douglas


Welcome once again my fellow bibliophiles,

I'm hoping that you all are having a great day. Without wasting any more second, let's welcome another new amazing author, Louise Douglas, who is here to discuss about her book, The Secret by the Lake, about her life and many such exclusive stuffs.

Keep reading!


Read the review of The Secret by the Lake



Me: Hello and welcome to my blog, Louise. Congratulations on your new book, The Secret by the Lake. How will you express your feelings about this book that has already won the hearts of so many readers?
 
Louise: I am really happy if readers enjoy the book although the central theme is quite a disturbing one. I wrote it partly because I feel very strongly about the subject matter, about how it’s important to bring it into the open.

 
Me: How did you research for your book that is set in an old cottage in Somerset countryside? Did you travel extensively for the purpose of research?
 
Louise: Actually, we live in Somerset in a village that’s not nearly as sinister as Blackwater but the countryside is very familiar to me. The cottage is entirely made up though. I’ve always been intrigued by spooky, isolated places.



Me: Tell us one trait about your main character, Amy, that intrigues you the most.
 
Louise: It’s very important to me that the people around me are loyal and trustworthy and that’s why I wanted Amy to be like that.


Me: How will you describe your journey so far as an author?

Louise: I love writing, it’s a kind of addiction. What’s difficult is that I also have a full-time job. I am planning to become a full-time writer before the end of this year.


Me: Was it always your one true dream to be an author?

Louise: Yes, always.


Me: What other passions do you have apart from writing?

Louise: I love my family most of all. I also love walking, drawing, taking photographs of the countryside, and I am passionate about protecting animals, preventing cruelty and also preserving the natural world.


Me: What's next up on your writing sleeves? Please tell us briefly about it.

Louise: I’m writing my next book which I’m really enjoying, about a woman who is in prison for murder, writing down her life story with the help of her foster daughter.


Me: Thanks Louise for joining me today on this interview session. I wish you luck for all your future endeavors.

Louise: Thank you so much Aditi. It’s been a pleasure and I very much appreciate your interest.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Louise's Bio:


I've always loved reading and writing and all I ever wanted to be was an author. I've had four books published now, the fifth is written and is due to be published in August 2013 and I'm working on the sixth. I live with Kevin in the Mendips, not far from Bristol, a city that I love, and have three beautiful sons. We also have two dogs, Lil and Lola. The Love of My Life is my first book. It was longlisted for both the Romantic Novel of the Year Award and the Waverton Good Read Award. My second book, Missing You, won the RNA Readers' Choice Award, and my third, The Secrets Between Us was a 2012 Richard and Judy Summer Read. In Her Shadow will be published in paperback in the summer of 2013.



Connect with Louise on: WebsiteGoodreads


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!