5 June 2015

Feature & Follow #13: Pitching in for your favourite novel's movie adaption


Good morning peeps,


It's time to have a new feature and follow blog post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee's View.


What is Feature and Follow Friday?
 
In simple words- to gain more followers either via GFC or Bloglovin'. So the very idea of having this feature and follow meme is to collect more new bloggers on the block and to make new blogger friends as well as followers. It is a great idea which was started out by Alison and  Rachel. Three Cheers for those two masterminds!






So How does it Works?
  • Follow the Featured Bloggers on their blogs
  • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, please return the courtesy by following them back. Spread the Love...and the followers
 
This Week's Question:

How would you pitch to the biz to make your favorite book into a movie? - Suggested by Girl of 1000 Wonders

Well, I'm completely against this very whole idea of turning a book into a commercial movie or even TV series, because what a book offers, a movie will not be able to offer it. Especially the thoughts running in the heads of the characters and that which helps us, readers to contemplate with the characters, in fact there are lots of feelings and emotions attached to a plot, so if by any chance a bad casting happens (remember, Fifty Shades of Grey) to the movie-adaption of your favorite novel, then the emotions and the charm of the story will be forever lost behind the silver screen. So that's it, I won't do a single thing to pitch for my favorite novel's movie-adaption! I'll rather lose myself in the black letters, yellowish pages and torn out cover of the paperback edition of my favorite book over and over again.

So do you really want your favorite novel to be turned into a movie? Share your thoughts in the comments below.


This is a Blog Hop!























You are next... Click here to enter

This list will close in 6 days, 17 hrs, 29 min (6/11/2015 5:17 PM North America - Central Standard Time)

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here...



22 comments:

  1. I never really thought about how a characters thoughts are completely erased when adapted into a movie or show... That's a really good point.

    Joana @ The Boundless Book List

    ReplyDelete
  2. New GFC follower by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think movie adaptations are very hit and miss. I have enjoyed some and been frustrated by others when there have been plot changes!

    Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! Books are always better. I still end up watching the book to movie adaptations, though! Old follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books are always always better, especially the ones you love.
    Old google+ follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your point of every thought being erased from the characters mind.

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm following back.

    New Follower! Tina, The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  7. The movies don't really bring justice to the books especially with the casting *COUGH* like The Mortal Instruments *COUGH*. I get that it's hard to meet the descriptions of the characters but they should at least endeavor to find one who comes close. ><

    New follower.

    Rin @ Hiding Under The Sheets

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, great answer! I love how you just stuck to your guns with the question. I've seen some really great book-to-film adaptations, so I'm not totally against them, but I completely understand your point of view. And you're totally right about the fact that character thoughts get completely lost when a book is made into a film. It's a huge loss to the story at hand, which is why very few books are portrayed well on screen, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree! I might even pitch against it if that's possible.

    New follower via GFC and email.

    MK @ livingalifeinbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Books are always better! Check out my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Literally me when I heard the casting for Divergent. I'm not a huge fan of Shaliene Woodley from watching her in the American Teenager tv show, so I was really skeptical of how she would be able to pull off Tris. I dragged my feet watching the movie, but when I finally I did I was pretty impressed. I think it helped that a lot of the others casted for the other characters were strong in their roles.

    New Follower via Email :)

    Meredith @ A Book Lover's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Although I might not like how the movie varies from the book or even the cast it's still fun to see a favorite novel on screen..I will always like the book more though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with you most times, which is why I like the potential a short-run TV series has these days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree! :) Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. :D New follower via GFC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Books are definitely always better. But I do love movies, just as much as I do books, so I like to see adaptations. Sometimes they're ruined, but sometimes they work too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The book is almost always better and I'm usually disappointed by movies from books, even if I do enjoy some of them. But I am a sucker for pain, I guess, because I still get excited about the idea of my favorite books becoming movies. :P

    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it's a great opportunity for bloggers to connect with each other and gain more followers. Also check 7movie rulz for latest movie updates

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!